Coffee Science Certificate®
Explore the Chemistry in Your Cup®
Credit: Andre Eiermann (2017 Swiss Barista Champion)
The Coffee Science Certificate® (CSC) is the industry’s first and only training program aimed at providing a greater technical understanding of overall coffee science. The program which extends across a wide range of disciplines is focused primarily on the science and chemistry of coffee from ‘bean to cup’.
The CSC program is composed of three levels of certification (CSC-1, CSC-2, CSC-3). Candidates who have successfully completed all three levels of certification become an official Certified Coffee Scientist™.
CSC Certification Tracks
Students/Instructor & Testimonials
Since 2014 we've had over two hundred students from around the world complete our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) program. Many of these students have included existing Q-Graders, R-Graders, World Barista Champions (WBC), Authorized SCA Trainers from small to medium companies, to global Fortune 500 around the world.
Below is just a brief list of some of the more notable companies currently holding CSC Certification:
Our 2019 Schedule of Seminars are listed below:
- CSC-1: Los Angeles, CA (USA)- February 26-28th
- CSC-1: Italy - June 11-13th @Simonelli Group
- CSC-1: South Carolina (USA): Sep 11-13th @ Ally Coffee Global HQ
- CSC-2: Los Angeles, CA - October, TBA
- CSC-1: London, UK - TBA
- CSC-1: Singapore - TBA
Additional Information & Registration
- For more information visit our upcoming Schedule of Courses around the world.
- If you are interested in attending, we ask that you please Pre-Register so we can gauge the level of interest in that particular session.
- We will notify you of the event details as soon as we've confirmed our dates for that particular city/location.
Press & Media
A special thanks to one of our star students - Andre Eiermann, the 2017 Switzerland World Barista Champion for making this exceptional video. He is now one of Switzerland's very first CSC-1 certified student.
- December 2018 - CSC-2 Officially Launches in Italy at Nuova Simelli Global Headquarters
- February 2018 - BeanScene Magazine - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) coming to Australia
- June 2017 - Nuova Simonelli - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) hosted by Nuova Simonelli
- April 2017 - Global Coffee Review - Nuova Simonelli officially offers Coffee Science Education Program
- February 2014 - Caravan Coffee - A Note from the Master: Coffee Science Certificate
- January 2014 - Daily Coffee News - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) launches in North America
August 12, 2010 - We are happy to announce that we will once again be conducting a series of technical seminars in Australia. Our first sessions conducted back in March were completely sold out. Thanks to all of you for making the first event such a success, we hope you find this one even better.
March 11, 2013 - Next month launches the SCAA's 25th Annual conference in Boston, MA. The event, which is expected to attracted thousands, is sure to be the largest single coffee event on Earth.
March 17, 2013 - We're pleased to announce that we will be conducting a series of seminars in Berlin, Germany and Prague, Czech Republic in just over one month. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to learn more about the science & chemistry of coffee. For more information see our seminars page.
June 10, 2013 - We are happy announce that we will be exhibiting at this years World of Coffee in Nice, France on June 26-28th. Come by booth A25 and say hello we may just amuse you with some geeky coffee knowledge.
November 11, 2013 - If you've ever wanted to learn more about the science and chemistry in your cup of coffee - then 2014 may be just your year. This January '14 marks the official launching of our newly developed Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) program across the continental United States.
May 20, 2014 - Interested in coffee science? Make sure to attend our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in Toronto, Canada on May 18-19th. Seating is limited so pre-register soon.
June 12, 2014 - Interested in coffee science? Make sure to attend out upcoming Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in New York on July 23-24th.
June 30, 2014 - Interested in Coffee Science? Come attend any of our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminars coming to a city near you in 2014.