Displaying items by tag: CSC
Coffee Science Certificate®
Explore the Chemistry in Your Cup®
The Coffee Science Certificate® (CSC) is the industry’s first and only training program aimed at providing a greater technical understanding of overall coffee science. The program which extends across a wide range of disciplines is focused primarily on the science and chemistry of coffee from ‘bean to cup’.
The CSC program is composed of three levels of certification (CSC-1, CSC-2, CSC-3). Candidates who have successfully completed all three levels of certification become an official Certified Coffee Scientist™.
CSC Certification Tracks
Students/Instructor & Testimonials
Since 2014 we've had over two hundred students from around the world complete our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) program. Many of these students have included existing Q-Graders, R-Graders, World Barista Champions (WBC), Authorized SCA Trainers from small to medium companies, to global Fortune 500 around the world.
Below is just a brief list of some of the more notable companies currently holding CSC Certification:
Our 2020 Schedule of Seminars are listed below:
- CSC-1: Los Angeles, CA - March 10-12th, 2020
- CSC-2: Los Angeles, CA - March 24-26th, 2020 - POSTPONED
- CSC-1: Athens, Greece - TBA
- CSC-1: London, UK - TBA
- CSC-1: Moscow, Russia - TBA
If you are interested in attending, please fill out our signup list and we'll notify you.
Additional Information & Registration
- For more information visit our upcoming Schedule of Courses around the world.
- If you are interested in attending, we ask that you please Pre-Register so we can gauge the level of interest in that particular session.
- We will notify you of the event details as soon as we've confirmed our dates for that particular city/location.
Press & Media
Credit: Andre Eiermann (2017 Swiss Barista Champion)
A special thanks to one of our star students - Andre Eiermann, the 2017 Switzerland World Barista Champion for making this exceptional video. He is now one of Switzerland's very first CSC-1 certified student.
Learn more about the Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) is the Mar/Apr 2019 issue of Roast Magazine.
- December 2018 - CSC-2 Officially Launches in Italy at Nuova Simelli Global Headquarters
- February 2018 - BeanScene Magazine - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) coming to Australia
- June 2017 - Nuova Simonelli - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) hosted by Nuova Simonelli
- April 2017 - Global Coffee Review - Nuova Simonelli officially offers Coffee Science Education Program
- February 2014 - Caravan Coffee - A Note from the Master: Coffee Science Certificate
- January 2014 - Daily Coffee News - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) launches in North America
Here's a video by Dr. Maya Zuniga that highlights some of the research (@9:45min) we did for their Product Innovation team at S&D coffee. It's a great video for those wanting to learn more about cold brew and factors related to food safety.
For those who missed the presentation, we'll be presenting a condensed version of the study during our upcoming Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in Los Angeles on June 28-29th.