Everyday millions of people around the world begin their day religiously with a morning cup of coffee. Though today we easily identify coffee in its beverage form, it wasn't always this way in the beginning.
Coffee Science Certificate®
The Coffee Science Certificate® (CSC) is the industry’s first and only training program aimed at providing a greater technical understanding of overall coffee science. The program which extends across a wide range of disciplines is focused primarily on the science and chemistry of coffee from ‘bean to cup’.
The CSC program is composed of three levels of certification (CSC-1, CSC-2, CSC-3). Candidates who have successfully completed all three levels of certification become an official Certified Coffee Scientist™.
CSC Certification Tracks
Students/Instructor & Testimonials
Our next scheduled CSC seminar are listed below:
- March 6-8th, 2018 - Los Angeles, CA
- March 27-29th, 2018 - Melbourne, Australia
- July 3-5th - Belforte del Chienti, Italy (Simonelli Group)
- Sept/Oct - London, UK
- Sep/Oct - Italy
- Nov - Hong Kong/Korea
Additional Information & Registration
- For more information visit our upcoming Schedule of Courses around the world.
- If you are interested in attending, we ask that you please Pre-Register so we can gauge the level of interest in that particular session.
- We will notify you of the event details as soon as we've confirmed our dates for that particular city/location.
Press & Media
- BeanScene (Feb 2018) - J.Rivera to host Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in Melbourne
- Nuova Simonelli (Jun 2017) - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) hosted by Nuova Simonelli
- Global Coffee Review (Apr 2017) - Nuova Simonelli offers CSC Education Program
- Caravan Coffee (Feb 2014) - A Note from the Master: Coffee Science Certificate
- Daily Coffee News (Jan 2014) - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) launches in North America
Interested in receiving more coffee science information? Make sure to sign up for our Coffee Science newsletter and geek out!
March 17, 2013 - We're pleased to announce that we will be conducting a series of seminars in Berlin, Germany and Prague, Czech Republic in just over one month. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to learn more about the science & chemistry of coffee. For more information see our seminars page.
May 20, 2014 - Interested in coffee science? Make sure to attend our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in Toronto, Canada on May 18-19th. Seating is limited so pre-register soon.
June 30, 2014 - Interested in Coffee Science? Come attend any of our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminars coming to a city near you in 2014.
We're pleased to announce that we'll be conducting a Coffee Science Certificate seminar (CSC-1) on June 23-24th, 2015 in Burlington, VT. Registration for this is session is CLOSED.
We're pleased to announce that we'll be conducting a Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in Los Angeles, CA on July 29-30th, 2015. For more information on this and upcoming event see our events page.
Future seminar: Los Angeles, CA - June 28-29th, 2016