Displaying items by tag: coffee science
Everyday millions of people around the world begin their day religiously with a morning cup of coffee. Though today we easily identify coffee in its beverage form, it wasn't always this way in the beginning.
Coffee Science Certificate®
Explore the Chemistry in Your Cup®
The Coffee Science Certificate® (CSC) is the industry’s first and only training program aimed at providing a greater technical understanding of overall coffee science. The program which extends across a wide range of disciplines is focused primarily on the science and chemistry of coffee from ‘bean to cup’.
The CSC program is composed of three levels of certification (CSC-1, CSC-2, CSC-3). Candidates who have successfully completed all three levels of certification become an official Certified Coffee Scientist™.
CSC Certification Tracks
Students/Instructor & Testimonials
Since 2014 we've had over two hundred students from around the world complete our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) program. Many of these students have included existing Q-Graders, R-Graders, World Barista Champions (WBC), Authorized SCA Trainers from small to medium companies, to global Fortune 500 around the world.
Below is just a brief list of some of the more notable companies currently holding CSC Certification:
Our 2020 Schedule of Seminars are listed below:
- CSC-1: Los Angeles, CA - March 10-12th, 2020
- CSC-2: Los Angeles, CA - March 24-26th, 2020 - POSTPONED
- CSC-1: Athens, Greece - TBA
- CSC-1: London, UK - TBA
- CSC-1: Moscow, Russia - TBA
If you are interested in attending, please fill out our signup list and we'll notify you.
Additional Information & Registration
- For more information visit our upcoming Schedule of Courses around the world.
- If you are interested in attending, we ask that you please Pre-Register so we can gauge the level of interest in that particular session.
- We will notify you of the event details as soon as we've confirmed our dates for that particular city/location.
Press & Media
Credit: Andre Eiermann (2017 Swiss Barista Champion)
A special thanks to one of our star students - Andre Eiermann, the 2017 Switzerland World Barista Champion for making this exceptional video. He is now one of Switzerland's very first CSC-1 certified student.
Learn more about the Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) is the Mar/Apr 2019 issue of Roast Magazine.
- December 2018 - CSC-2 Officially Launches in Italy at Nuova Simelli Global Headquarters
- February 2018 - BeanScene Magazine - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) coming to Australia
- June 2017 - Nuova Simonelli - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) hosted by Nuova Simonelli
- April 2017 - Global Coffee Review - Nuova Simonelli officially offers Coffee Science Education Program
- February 2014 - Caravan Coffee - A Note from the Master: Coffee Science Certificate
- January 2014 - Daily Coffee News - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) launches in North America
Interested in receiving more coffee science information? Make sure to sign up for our Coffee Science newsletter and geek out!
March 17, 2013 - We're pleased to announce that we will be conducting a series of seminars in Berlin, Germany and Prague, Czech Republic in just over one month. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to learn more about the science & chemistry of coffee. For more information see our seminars page.
May 20, 2014 - Interested in coffee science? Make sure to attend our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in Toronto, Canada on May 18-19th. Seating is limited so pre-register soon.
June 30, 2014 - Interested in Coffee Science? Come attend any of our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminars coming to a city near you in 2014.
We're pleased to announce that we'll be conducting a Coffee Science Certificate seminar (CSC-1) on June 23-24th, 2015 in Burlington, VT. Registration for this is session is CLOSED.
We're pleased to announce that we'll be conducting a Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) seminar in Los Angeles, CA on July 29-30th, 2015. For more information on this and upcoming event see our events page.
Future seminar: Los Angeles, CA - June 28-29th, 2016