Displaying items by tag: coffee science
Unlocking Coffee's Chemical Composition: Part 1
Everyday millions of people around the world begin their day religiously with a morning cup of coffee. Though today we easily identify coffee in its beverage form, it wasn't always this way in the beginning.
Coffee Science Certificate®
Explore the Chemistry in Your Cup®
Coffee Science Certificate (CSC)
The Coffee Science Certificate® (CSC) is the industry’s first and only training program aimed at providing a greater technical understanding of overall coffee science. The program which extends across a wide range of disciplines is focused primarily on the science and chemistry of coffee from ‘bean to cup’.
The CSC program is composed of three levels of certification (CSC-1, CSC-2, CSC-3). Candidates who have successfully completed all three levels of certification become an official Certified Coffee Scientist™.
CSC Certification Tracks
Students/Instructor & Testimonials
Since 2014 we've had over two hundred students from around the world complete our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) program. Many of these students have included existing Q-Graders, R-Graders, World Barista Champions (WBC), Authorized SCA Trainers from small to medium companies, to global Fortune 500 around the world.
Below is just a brief list of some of the more notable companies currently holding CSC Certification:
***We have discountinued our Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) courses***
- If you are interested in attending, please fill out our signup list and we'll notify you.
Additional Information & Registration
- For more information visit our upcoming Schedule of Courses around the world.
- If you are interested in attending, we ask that you please Pre-Register so we can gauge the level of interest in that particular session.
- We will notify you of the event details as soon as we've confirmed our dates for that particular city/location.
Press & Media
Credit: Andre Eiermann (2017 Swiss Barista Champion)
A special thanks to one of our star students - Andre Eiermann, the 2017 Switzerland World Barista Champion for making this exceptional video. He is now one of Switzerland's very first CSC-1 certified student.
Learn more about the Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) is the Mar/Apr 2019 issue of Roast Magazine.
- December 2018 - CSC-2 Officially Launches in Italy at Nuova Simelli Global Headquarters
- February 2018 - BeanScene Magazine - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) coming to Australia
- June 2017 - Nuova Simonelli - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) hosted by Nuova Simonelli
- April 2017 - Global Coffee Review - Nuova Simonelli officially offers Coffee Science Education Program
- February 2014 - Caravan Coffee - A Note from the Master: Coffee Science Certificate
- January 2014 - Daily Coffee News - Coffee Science Certificate (CSC) launches in North America
Coffee Science Newsletter
Interested in receiving more coffee science information? Make sure to sign up for our Coffee Science newsletter and geek out!
Organic Acids Revisited - Roast Magazine
June 1, 2015 - Check out this month issue of Roast Magazine where we revisit the topic of organic acids and provide a brief historical context of how this milestone research changed the specialty coffee industry. Download a PDF copy from our library downloads section.
The Chemistry of Brewing in your Cup
The Chemistry of Coffee (video)
Here's a video we helped develop with the American Chemical Society (ACS). Enjoy!
How caffeine works in the body
Facebook |Instagram | YouTube | LinkedIn
#coffeescience | #coffeesciencecertificate